- RSS Channel Showcase 9829098
- RSS Channel Showcase 5003739
- RSS Channel Showcase 9680614
- RSS Channel Showcase 1102677
Articles on this Page
- 08/30/15--05:37: _The last party at B...
- 09/04/15--11:43: _This pub has 24 hou...
- 09/05/15--01:00: _Brixton’s Canterbur...
- 09/18/15--07:39: _Fourteen years of d...
- 12/10/15--02:00: _Brixton’s Canterbur...
- 12/15/15--02:00: _Brixton Ten Years A...
- 01/06/16--02:20: _Brixton Ten Years A...
- 01/11/16--01:30: _Demolition begins o...
- 01/25/16--02:38: _Walls come tumbling...
- 02/04/16--04:33: _Brixton Ten Years A...
- 02/05/16--04:36: _Rubble on the dance...
- 02/17/16--01:30: _Brixton’s Canterbur...
- 03/01/16--05:12: _Brixton Ten Years A...
- 03/05/16--04:30: _Brixton Canterbury ...
- 08/26/16--03:16: _Wandsworth Council ...
- 08/30/16--13:48: _One year ago: Brixt...
- 11/12/16--03:45: _Brixton 15 Years Ag...
- 01/18/17--06:33: _Brixton Ten Years A...
- 03/25/17--04:15: _Brixton Ten Years A...
- 09/04/15--11:43: This pub has 24 hours to live – the end of Brixton’s Canterbury Arms
- 09/05/15--01:00: Brixton’s Canterbury Arms holds a clear out sale over the weekend
- 09/18/15--07:39: Fourteen years of drinking: a Brixton bar and club guide from 2001
- 08/30/16--13:48: One year ago: Brixton’s Canterbury Arms throws its last ever party
Over a hundred and twenty years of Brixton history came to a crashing halt last night as the Canterbury Arms held its last-ever party. The Victorian pub – which retains most of […]
When they call time at the Canterbury Arms in Brixton tomorrow night, it will mark the end of a popular local community boozer that has been serving locals for well over […]
With Brixton’s Canterbury Arms serving its last customer today ahead of the pub’s demolition, the owners are holding a clear out sale in the backroom of the pub. The sale will take […]
Digging through the archives of our sister site urban 75, we came across our Brixton Bar & Club Guide from 2001, and it was interesting to see what has – […]
Normally this popular Brixton pub would be busy with Christmas parties and locals getting in the mood for the festive season, but here’s the sad sight of the Canterbury Arms […]
Here’s another set of archive Brixton photos, all taken ten years ago in December 2005. Above is a scene from Granville Arcade/Brixton Village. Despite some attempts to rewrite its recent […]
Here’s another selection of archive photos of Brixton, this time from a decade ago in January 2006: a month that ended with the Arctic Monkey’s, “When The Sun Goes Down” topping […]
Above is the sad sight of demolition work taking place on the former Canterbury Arms pub in Brixton, which will shortly be flattened and replaced by a private, nine-story residential […]
The last vestiges of Brixton’s much-loved pub, gig and club venue, The Canterbury Arms, are fast disappearing as demolition work continues on this once-splendid Victorian pub. Despite a petition to save […]
Here’s a look back to Brixton’s past, as seen through our photo archives from February 2006 – ten years ago. Market Row has always been a busy shopping area for […]
This is a sad sight and one that angers us here at Brixton Buzz. The function room of the Canterbury Arms has now been demolished as work continues to completely […]
Here’s the last remains of the 140-year old Canterbury Arms pub in Brixton as it’s being flattened in advance of a block of luxury flats being built on the site. […]
Here’s another selection of photos from our Brixton archives, this time showing scenes around Brixton and the last hours of The Queen public house that once stood in Bellefields Road, off […]
So here’s what’s left of the Canterbury Arms, Brixton. Nothing. After serving the community for over 140 years, the site has now been flattened ready to make way for yet […]
While much loved community pubs and venues continue to be closed down all around Lambeth, Wandsworth council has taken the bold step of protecting such important community assets by removing permitted […]
Exactly one year ago, Brixton lost one of its last true community pubs, with the Canterbury Arms throwing an emotional farewell party. The Victorian pub – and its beautiful, original […]
We’ve had another shufti around our Brixton photo archives and pulled out this collection of shots from fifteen years, showing a selection of scenes from around town including this raver […]
We’ve had another dip into our extensive Brixton photo archives, and pulled out this selection of scenes taken around town in January 2007 – ten years ago. Above is a scene […]
Another dip into our Brixton archives has rewarded us with this selection of photos taken in and around Brixton ten years ago, in March 2007. Scroll down and see what […]